Beat the odds! Only one sport has 30% of its high school athletes compete in College.
Your kids an athlete, and they want to play.
So, what are the odds that they can keep competing as they move from High School to College? Overall, only 7% of all athletes will play in college, and only about 2% will play NCAA Division 1.
What are the sports that beat the odds?
5. Baseball - 11. 5% overall, 2.1% NCAA Div 1
4. Ice Hockey - 12.3% overall, 3.3% NCAA Div 1
3. Lacrosse - 13% overall, 2.8 % NCAA Div 1
2. Gymnastics - 19.1 % overall, 16.9% NCAA Div 1
1. Fencing - 29.7% overall, 16.9% NCAA Div 1
5. Rifle - 11.9% overall, 8.7% NCAA Div 1
4. Synchronized Swimming - 12.3% overall, 10.9% NCAA Div 1
3. Lacrosse - 13.3% overall, 3.4% NCAA Div 1
2. Ice Hockey - 23.5% overall, 7.5% NCAA Div 1
1. Fencing - 38.2 % overall, 23.2 % NCAA Div 1
Do you have what it takes to be a college fencer?
1. Start early. Give yourself enough time to learn techniques and tactics.
2. Join a competitive club. You wouldn't expect your child to transition from a recreational league to a NCAA college team in basketball. Odds are it won't happen in fencing either. You need a club with solid coaching that is open 6 days a week for classes and open fencing.
3. Practice. What you put into the sport is what you get out of it.
4. Compete. Competition is a learned skill. Tournaments are held for children by age group. Start small and local, and build your way up to National level competitions.
Head Coach at Nova Fencing Club.
Head Coach Greg Kaidanov
Serving all of Fairfax, Alexandria, Arlington & DC
Proudly powered by Weebly